Many business owners realize they need to start using more online video. Yet, they may struggle with coming up with a strategy. Here’s a look at a simple, straight-forward plan that any business can follow.
We believe it’s best start video marketing at the center of your marketing, on your website. While some companies are just using videos on youtube.com and social media and perhaps on their blog, we think it’s best to start with the places where your customers and potential customers are already learning about you. The icing on the cake is that video on your website will help you come up higher on Google searches.
Start with a plan for:
Creating a video for each main page of your website
Home – Create a short overview video perhaps just :30 seconds to one minute
This video should help prospects understand whether your company is a good fit for their needs.
Include: Your years in business, credibility factors – perhaps association affiliations, ratings and reviews, and what makes your different. This video should encourage people to visit another page, perhaps your About page.
About – This video can be longer, perhaps 2 – 3 minutes. Keep in mind site visitors are interested enough to want to know who you are. Tell them your story. Start with the present, then your past, tell the story of how you built the company and why. Then, what’s next – your future. Share your vision.
Process – Consider how you work, especially if you have a service as opposed to a product.
The business owner can explain the process and how and why they developed that process and how it helps customers. This is also a good place to use a customer testimonial
Services – This video can quickly and easily let your site visitors know if you can deliver the services they are looking for. This video might also include a customer testimonial.
Testimonial – This video should have 4-5 customers who explain what they really like about your business and what they would say to others about working with you.
Below watch the video with Donna Davis discussing this video strategy.
Have you ever wondered what type of video should go on your home page? How long it should be? Donna Davis has expert advice about your home page video. Check out our videos for more advice for your website.
We get this question a lot from people. They want video, but they know it’s expensive. No matter the size and budget of a company, video is a necessity if you want to get seen online and if you want to communicate what your company does and what makes you different. Here are a few suggestions if you don’t have the budget for a custom video.
- Consider a template video. These videos are well produced and inexpensive. Since you are simply changing the information, including your phone number and website and using some of your own images, it’s very affordable to create a quality video.
- If you can create a custom video, consider writing your own script. A short well produced video is much better than a long low quality video. So, I suggest a 30 second to one minute video. Bring or email all your images and your script and work with your video production company to find either voice over talent or on camera talent for the video. If your video can be enhanced with stock video or photos, consider that option as well.
- If you can’t afford any video production, simply find some videos that you think will be helpful to your customers that are already on the web and ask the producer if you can license the use of their video on your website.
If you have a website, your web designer has probably advised you to add video. But, you may wonder why it really matters and how video helps your website. Aside from the obvious benefits of online video, you should know that one of the side effects of video is a higher ranking on Google and other search engines.
Why Does Video Matter?
Video is the most effective engagement tool you can use on your site. When people are watching a video, they tend to stay on your website longer. If they stay longer, that tells the search engines there’s something good going on here. Click on the video below to learn more. Donna Davis, the owner of Pro Video Talent and the founder of the Atlanta Internet Video Marketing Association, explains why video matters.
- Looking For A Warm And Friendly Video SpokespersonMay 24, 2018 - 5:10 pm
- How Much Does Video Location Shooting Cost?January 6, 2017 - 5:17 pm
- How Does Online Video Help Your Search Engine Optimizat...April 24, 2017 - 5:41 pm
- How Can A Company Get A Quality Video On A Limited Budg...May 1, 2017 - 4:37 pm